Monday, September 22, 2008

If your Uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your Uncle jack off an elephant?

So, Stef, my little sister and I, are going on a road trip to none other than Dodge City, Kansas, where the buffalo have been replaced with prairie dogs and only the good guys can tell you to "get the hell out of Dodge". From my very little knowledge of the city, it was a major hub during the migration westward during the late 1800's and the TV show "Gunsmoke" was filmed there.

So, to get to Dodge City, we are driving to St. Louis, staying there for a day, then making our way to Dodge City. Once in Dodge City I will just push my sister out of the car and move on to Denver. Our goal is to see every "World's largest bottle of ketchup" and "World's largest ball of twine" between here and there. Anyone have any suggestions to add? Somewhere interesting to stop on our way through Iowa and Nebraska?

The most exciting thing for me will be on the way home, during which time we will stop in a little old town called Riverside, Iowa. Here is just a little taste of what is in store for us in Riverside



I think that picture speaks for itself.

So, in the spirit of the old west and Dodge City, I think you all might enjoy a little video that I like from one of the greatest Westerns of all time. It's Once Upon a Time in the West... Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson are gritty at its best! Unfortunately, if you have never seen this movie, it will most definitely ruin the ending of it, so BEWARE!!

No comments: